Only available in the Business Suite version of Business Accountz
This labour-saving feature enables you to quickly enter regularly occurring transactions.
Simply put, here you can create what is called a ‘template transaction’, a pre-defined transaction containing every necessary detail about your entry, except (usually) Total Amount.
Then, the next time you come to enter this transaction in the Transfer Transactions component (for example, paying money from your bank account to your cash account), instead of having to create a completely new transaction and fill in all the fields in the transaction line, all you need do is choose your template transaction from the template selector (a drop-down list available on the toolbar) and the transaction will be inserted into the table with just the Tax Date and Total Amount fields remaining to be completed.
The following tools are available via the tool bar above the table:
- Select Current View Allows you to change the View that is currently in use by the table
- Create New View Creates a New View based on the currently selected view
- Toggle View Editor Panel Show/hides the View Editor Panel that allows you to edit the current [View](views](views.html)
- Search Shows/hides the table’s Search Panel that allows you to search for key words (or amounts) in the current table
- Create Transaction – create a new empty transaction
- Copy Transaction – makes a copy of the currently selected transaction(s)
- Delete Transaction – hides the currently selected transaction(s) from view (use the default filter drop-down menu option from the Filter Selector to show all deleted transactions again – where you can also un-delete them if you wish)
- Show/Hide Chart – displays and hides the chart for the currently selected view
- Print – opens the Document Designer so you can select or design a suitable template for printing the current table of filtered transactions
This component has the following columns visible by default:
- Multiple Select - enables the user to select (and therefore copy/delete) multiple transactions
- Template Name – enter a memorable name so you can choose it with ease from the template drop-down tool button
- Customer – Choose the customer involved with this transaction
- Supplier – Choose the supplier involved with this transaction
- From Account – where the money came from (a sales account for a sale, a payment account for a purchase or, say, a bank for a transfer)
- To Account – where the money went to (the bank if a sale, some expense account if a purchase or some other monetary account if a transfer, eg. VAT Control if you are paying your VAT Return)
- Total Amount – the full total of the transaction
- Description – any descriptive text
- Cleared (From) – represents the ‘from’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Cleared (To) – represents the ‘to’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Currency Amount - This component is only available in the Business Suite version of Business Accountz. Please visit accountz.com for more information – the equivalent amount to Total Amount in the chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Currency Code - This component is only available in the Business Suite version of Business Accountz. Please visit accountz.com for more information – the 3 character currency code of the chosen foreign currency
- Currency Rate - This component is only available in the Business Suite version of Business Accountz. Please visit accountz.com for more information – the exchange rate to use when converting between the native and chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Date Created – the actual creation date of this transaction (it may be different from the Tax Date or Paid Date)
- Deleted – signifies if this transaction has been deleted or not. By default you only see non-deleted transactions but you can modify the Current Filter to show deleted transactions as well
- Error Code – if the transaction is in error (has a red background) this column displays a description of the error.
- Notes - a place to record any additional notes about this transaction
- Reference – a reference value for the current transaction/entry