Nominal Ledger Report
To obtain a printed report for a nominal ledger for a specific date range, please follow these steps:
- Select ‘Chart of Accounts’ > ‘Nominal Ledger’ from the top menu bar.
- Click the ‘New View’ button located at the top left of the screen. For more information on how to create Views, please click here.
- A dialogue box will appear - ‘Add New View’. Give this report a name relating to what you want to see in the report, e.g. ‘Nominal Ledger Report for (dates)’.
- The View Editor Panel will appear. Click the plus sign next to ‘Add Condition’. A drop down menu will appear. Scroll down and select ‘Tax Date’ from the list by (left) clicking on it. A new line should be added to the right of the screen with ‘Tax Date’ as the value in the Column field. Next, single click on where it says ‘Equals’ in the Condition field. A further menu should appear. Select ‘Occurs Between’ from this list by left clicking it.
- At this point you should see two dates in the Value field. These represent the start and end dates for this filter. Click on the dates to edit them manually.
- Click the ‘Open/Close the View editor panel’ icon (Pencil) to close the editor and return to the Nominal Ledger.
- Your filter ‘Nominal Ledger Report for (dates)’ will be selected and those transactions will be selected and displayed.
To print this report, hit the ‘Export as CSV file’ icon located in the top right of the screen (the icon looks like a floppy disc) and export as a spreadsheet file which you can then print out as necessary.